Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Admit You're Still Learning, Get Free 2-Day Shipping

As a college sophomore I have spent ample time tagging quickly behind bookstore sales associates through aisles crowded with more students than books. I have spent time with employees whose vibrant graphic tee's read "How may I help you?" but their hearts ponder "How many more books must I throw at you until the precariously balanced pile in your hands topples and/ or your arms turn into those of Stretch Armstrong?". I have spent time struggling to read off the next title from my coffee stained textbook check list, which always ends up at the bottom of my unstable stack of books, increasing the probability that those hearts' questions will soon be answered. However, the physical strain of book shopping is Cliff Notes in comparison to the unabridged "Odyssey" sized terror it imposes on my wallet.

Thanks to Amazon Prime I no longer have to spend time or money in the frantic bustle of my campus bookstore two days before classes begin. Instead, I'll be frantically navigating through amazon.com for the cheapest and least brutally highlighted books as possible. According to the website, "Amazon Prime is a membership program that gives you and your family unlimited fast shipping, such as FREE Two-Day shipping and One-day shipping for $3.99 per item on all eligible purchases". It will also run you $79 a year. If you aren't lucky enough to be currently pursuing a higher education that is. I merely entered my school email address and selected the word that best (and most vaguely) described my major to get access to a year's worth of Amazon Prime for free. The deal is advertised through Amazon Student, but don't worry the free shipping is not limited to items with an educational purpose. Although, I must contest that the platform heels I've been eyeing have the potential to teach me powerful physics lessons.

Free yourself from the crooks at the bookstore at http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

No comments:

Post a Comment