Friday, July 9, 2010

Kid Cudi: Soundtrack To Summer Sedation



At times, unashamedly engaging in summer indulgences (or those of any season) is an oxymoron to me. Some days I cringe as my cereal quietly clanks into a bowl at 2 PM, the sleep (and mascara) still in my eyes. Some days I refuse to allow "It's summer, what else are you supposed to do?" be a legitimate excuse for my laziness. But, on other days, when Kid Cudi's lyrics of unrepentant recklessness resonate through my car I find it quite easy to forgive myself for taking part in activities that are both detrimental to my health and unproductive on any scale. Even that semi-completed Natty Ice wizard staff.

His songs are even better at helping you rationalize your poor decisions when they're free. Download Kid Cudi's breezy collaboration with Rostam Batmanglij from Vampire Weekend and Bethany Cosentino of Best Coast. The song is titled "All Summer" and is legally free at http://play.converse.com/play/show/?p=1614 . Get it and quit being so hard on yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment